The SEO Method

The SEO Method Video 1 – How Search Engines Work

The SEO Method Video 1
If you’ve been doing SEO for a few years now then you might find this video boring but nevertheless David does a good job of explaining how search engines work. I still got a lot of out of watching this video and this is a must for every serious SEO beginners.

The SEO Method Video 2 – On Page and Off Page Optimization

The SEO Method Video 2
David then goes on to explain the optimization factors for a web page. I like it when he says that there are no hard rules when it comes to how search engines really rank a web page but he will give out some general rules of thumb to follow. Again there’s a tendency you’ll be bored if you’re already an expert in SEO but I still watched it just to make sure I didn’t leave anything out.

The SEO Method Video 3 – David’s SEO Link Building Strategy

The SEO Method Video 3
In this video, David explains and lays out his SEO strategy. This was a big a-ha moment for me and I just shook my head as he outlined his diagram. I don’t know how he came up with this method but I know that he has done a lot of observation and reverse engineering and basically that’s the closest thing that you can get to ever figuring out how Google ranks web pages.
In this 3rd and final video you’re going to learn the 3 stages of The SEO Method:
  • Stage 1 (Ranking) – This is all about getting your web pages to the top of the search engine listings
  • Stage 2 (Dominating) – You’ll learn how to dominate and take over the top 10 results for the keyword that you want to rank for (I didn’t even know that this was possible!)
  • Stage 3 – If you have plans of taking over a huge market then this will definitely help you.
You don’t really have to implement all of the stages and stage 1 will probably be enough (unless you’re targeting mortgages and credit cards). One very important thing that I’ve learned in this video was how to use articles effectively to start ranking my homepage.

The SEO Method Review – What I Didn’t Like

The quality of the videos were very good but I didn’t really like the video player that David used. Somehow I felt that it was kind of slow in buffering the videos but I didn’t really have any major problems in watching them. A very good alternative that David provided was a link to download the audio files to your computer and a PDF transcription for each.
Also the audio quality isn’t that clear because these strategies were recorded exclusively for David’s team (they had no intentions of selling the videos). Still, this is not really a major deal breaker and what’s important is that I got the exact SEO strategies that David taught to his team.

The SEO Method Review – My Verdict

Even if you’re already a seasoned SEO professional there’s still some things that you could learn from these videos. The SEO Method is about ranking your websites in the long run meaning that the methods involved are all legitimate white hat techniques. What you’re getting is a proven and solid plan from David who did all the hard work for us.
The great thing about this SEO method is that it will show you HOW you should start the ranking process and WHY are you doing certain steps. You can then take this knowledge and come up with your own SEO method.